Monday, June 8, 2009

Adam is Moving


Adam is moving to Texas. He is going to begin his own business, his own vision, his own life. He is taking Shanna and Gracie and Avery with him. Of course he is! I am devastated. I am not sad for him. This is probably the right thing for him as he pursues his dreams and goals. But I have never been this far away from him,and I am sad for me. He is my baby...that will never change. I told Mama and she cried. She thinks she might never see him again. That could be right as she is not a "spring chicken" anymore. I know there are planes and there are cars. I figure that Judy (Shanna's mother) and I will take a road trip. We both will be living in the mountains, so that should be reasonably easy to arrange. And, we'll do Skype so we can keep in touch with the girls' growth. I read Shanna's blog a few minutes ago and she talked about never forgetting the birth of a child. So true. I'll never forget Adam's birth...it was easy and he was a very good baby. He was cuddly, snuggly, and soft. We used to call him the "Velcro Kid" because he spent so much time attached to us. Even when he got older and was bigger than I, he clung to me when he was tired. I remember one time when he was in college, we were somewhere with him and he was hanging on me. I asked him if it was okay for me to hang on him for awhile since he was making me tired. We both laughed. But...I'd like for that to happen again. I never feel like I see him enough, but that's not a bad thing. JR and I were apparently successful in rearing a strong and independent adult. We believe that is the job of parents. Still, you never get over remembering them as babies, children, young adults. It's hard to turn them loose. I love you, Adam.

1 comment:

  1. I love you too, mom. you should come to Austin and we can hang on each other for a while.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete