Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oh, what a wonderful weekend!











Last weekend we went to visit our friends Jim and Eilleen (sometimes we all her Arlene..private story) Palmer.  The live on Lake Marion in South Carolina.  That is a lake that is in some proximity to the Santee and Cooper Rivers which are in the vicinity of Charleston, SC.  I'm not real sure of the geography, but I loved the wild beauty that was afforded us.  There were cypress trees, herons, egrets, alligators, ospreys (I got a picture of an osprey nest) and fish that I never even saw.  Jim P cooked us shrimp and catfish on Saturday night...SO SO good!!!  But the best part was being with friends.  Only one small hiccup...JR  had to go to the Urgent Care Center because of a knot on his leg that was bleeding into his leg because of the aspirin he takes.  Geez.  After my trip to the hospital a few weeks ago and this, I feel like we've been snake bit!  Anyway, it was a great weekend and we can't wait to go back and FISH!!!  Jim P and I, once again, won at bridge!  :):)

This week, I've spent most of my time at health things...mammogram and lifeline screening.  I did get my hair cut, and took the cat to the vet.  She is very old and I think that her remaining time with us is short.  We'll keep her as long as we can.

Next week I am off to Charlotte for a couple of appointments (dentist and eye doctor).  Need to find those folks up here!

Am having several groups of friends up in the next few weeks.  I'll be in touch then.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment