Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving at the O'Connors!!!

Lynn and G...I promised
Usually,our family has Thanksgiving together...parent(s), siblings, cousins, grandchildren, etc.  However, this year conspired to change tradition.  Adam is is in Texas; some of Jon's in-laws were coming from New York; my brother and his sons were going hunting; my sister and her family wanted to have their first Thanksgiving in their new house, my other sister was going to Mama's, and who knows what else went down! 

  So, JR and I decided that we would use this time to move some of his Charlotte office which has to be closed by the end of January.  On Wednesday, we cooked our turkey (and froze most of its carcass); made the trimmings, and ate a lot!  That meant that we could go to Charlotte on Thursday and spend the time working.  However, Gina, Jon's mother-in-law, discovered that and invited us to come celebrate with their family.  How could we resist?  So, we journeyed to Charlotte, got a room at the South Park Marriott (the presidential suite, no less...not as good as you would imagine)...and went over there.  Such fun has been had by no one!!!  There were 11 children and about 15-16 adults.  Non-stop laughter, jokes, and family pathos.  What more can anyone ask for?  Thanks, G and Tom.  It was great!!!  The pic at the top is my other favorite "mother-in-law". Gina.  I love her just like I love Judi  And now for the other pics!

The O'Connors..aren't they big?!!!

9 of the 11...too cute
The Kellys
And the Riggsbee's...we need some more!  Adam?  Jon?

 And, I hate this program...the pics never do what I want them to do.

But...I talked to my friend Bev today.  I love you Bev.

Plus, it snowed here last night and is snowing now.  How exciting .  ( I'm hoping for a milder winter!)

Love to all and Merry Christmas or whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment