Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FINALLY...A KITCHEN!! Plus, other items of possible interest.


OK!!!  I finally have a kitchen...water, range, oven, micro, and dishwasher!!!  It's like I really live in the 21st century!  All that is left in the kitchen is the new refrigerator...soon forthcoming.  Do you have any idea how good it is to have water, fire, and refrigeration?  Of course not...none of you have had to do without!  :):)

Now, just so you don't think that everything is fine, I need to let you know that after four days being stuck on the mountain following two 6 inch snowfalls in 3 days, I finally got down.  The only real problem was that I couldn't get up.  I managed to set my (4-wheel drive) car/truck sidways in the road.  I had groceries in the car and I had to make 3 trips of about half mile up and a half mile down in boots that weren't good to get the stuff out of the car and into the refrig.  At least I got some exercise.  That would have been good except the refrig died. UMM.. do you think that I should have rethought this move?  Well, too late, we're here and really do love it.  Luckily we have a backup. This winter has been challenging.  Challenges are not over.  As I write, we are expecting about 3-4 new inches of snow.  I was going to Charlotte tomorrow.  I've had a dental appointment that I have had to cancel twice already because of snow.  This could be the third.  Another issue is that if Freddie can't get up to complete the doggie compound, I could be here while planning to be in Austin.  I'm trying not to cry about that one.  Maybe God will smile on me.  I missed a visit at Christmas and am hoping to make Adam's birthday.  But, as I told one of my sisters today, this is a small problem when compared to the problems of others.


THE SIDEWAYS CAR

Hopefully, I will report to you from Charlotte and Austin.  Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it to Charlotte! Even though I could not do dinner with you, I enjoyed wine and laughter with you and Jarleth at my house! I wish we were closer, cause I miss my big sister!

    ReplyDelete