Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

My intention had been to create a blog titled "On to Austin!!!"  That was until the weather became very uncooperative.  I am (still) planning to got to Austin on Thursday to visit Adam, Shanna, and the most wonderful grandchildren, Gracie and Avery.  Ummm...we have about 8 inches of snow on the ground as I write, and it isn't supposed to stop anytime soon.  I could, once again, be stuck.  I have resolved not to cry.


Anyway, the last thing to keep me prisoner was the damn dog, but his doggie care facility is now complete, and we feel pretty confident that we can leave him for a couple of days without having to worry about him.  The cat, being pretty self-sufficient, will, as always, be fine with food, water, and a litter box.  You know, the older I get, the more I'm like my mama...she doesn't want to take care of anything anymore!

OK.  Back to the subject hand.  Those of you that know me well, know that when we moved to the mountains, we gave up the comforts of a fenced in back yard, and a doggie door.  We have been working with a wrought iron guy (who doubles as a VERY GOOD country singer: Name: Freddie Way) to create a "doggie daycare facility" (prison) that would protect him, keep him comfortable, and allow us some time off.  Until this project was complete, one of us had to be here all the time.  OK.  It is complete!  Therefore, I felt very comfortable leaving him with food and water (and an intermittent caretaker) for a few days while I went to Austin, TX to see Adam (on his birthday), and, most importantly, the grandchildren.  This could work...except for the fact that I now have about 8 inches of snow on the ground with the probability that it won't quit until midnight.  I am now playing things by ear...or snowfall inches.  The snow has been very heavy, and I wish that I could say that it is diminishing...wishful thinking!  I tried to take a pic of the falling snow, but I don't think I know the resolutions on the camera that will do that.  Use your imagination.

So...I may or may not get to Austin, but I will leave you with pics of the doggie prison, and of the latest snow.  I don't think there will be anyone more happy than I to get the winter over with.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment