Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


It happens everywhere, but in the mountains when the winters can be, and often are, harsh, a day that is a harbinger of spring is received with joy that is just short of giddiness...or not!  Today was such a day...sunny, warmish (50's), light winds.  Although I should have worked on my taxes, I resolved to wait until the next rainy day (tomorrow).  JR and I joyfully spent the entire day outside, cleaning up small (very small ) amounts of winter detritus and burning them in the firepit.  When I had used up every bend-over that I could, I sat by the fire with my book and enjoyed the fresh air (when the smoke wasn"t following my beauty) and reveled in the opportunity to be out of the house.  

The winter is not over, and there will be other inhospitable days, but today was a promise of things to come.  I just can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment